Tell Origin to Frack Off!
Help make sure Origin hears from people right across the continent who won't put up with their fracking plans.
Try and engage the staff in a conversation; use as much time as you need to explain your concerns thoroughly, and, if you’re comfortable with it, make sure they are documenting those concerns on your file so you can follow up at a later date.
ARE YOU AN ORIGIN CUSTOMER?
As a customer of Origin Energy who is concerned about their plans to frack for gas in the Northern Territory, you can call and let them know you are not OK with fracking and that this may lead to you deciding to leave Origin and find another electricity or gas provider. Scroll down for some talking points to help you on the phone ↓
IF YOU ARE AN ORIGIN ELECTRICITY OR GAS CUSTOMER:
Call 13 24 61 and choose Option 2 (if you don’t have a current outstanding bill) or 3 (if you have a current bill).
IF YOU ARE AN ORIGIN LPG CUSTOMER:
(I.e. You have household gas bottles delivered by Origin)
Call 13 35 74 and choose Option 3 (if you have a current outstanding bill) or 5 otherwise.
IF YOU ARE AN ORIGIN SOLAR CUSTOMER:
Call 1300 791 468 and choose Option 5
IF YOU’RE NOT AN ORIGIN CUSTOMER:
- Call 13 24 61
- You can also try 13 35 74, or 1300 791 468 if you're having trouble getting through.
- Choose a sales or general enquiries menu option
HERE ARE SOME TALKING POINTS TO HELP YOU ON THE PHONE...
If you're a customer...
- I’m a current Origin customer, and I wanted to let you know that I don’t approve of Origin’s plans to frack for shale gas in the Northern Territory. I feel so strongly about this that I am prepared to take my business to another electricity/gas provider if Origin don’t abandon their plans for dangerous gas fracking. I would like my concerns about this noted and will be staying in touch about this.
- I have a current bill with Origin, and I want you to know that I am really disappointed to be giving my money to a company who plans to frack for gas in the Northern Territory. If you don’t give up on your plans to frack Aboriginal land in the Northern Territory, I will be leaving Origin for another provider. I would like a record of this on my file as I will be following up at a later date.
- I became a customer with Origin Energy because you talk a lot about sustainability and your “good energy” brand. But fracking Aboriginal land in the Northern Territory, putting vital waterways and groundwater at risk and setting off a massive climate carbon bomb is the exact opposite of this. I’m looking into other options for my electricity/gas/solar as I don’t want to give my business to a company who’s so committed to such a dangerous and unsustainable industry.
If you're not a customer, it's still really powerful for you to hop on the phone! Here are some talking points...
- I’ve been thinking of switching to Origin/getting solar power through Origin, but I’ve heard a lot about your plans to frack for shale gas in the Northern Territory and it’s really put me off.
- I’m a concerned citizen who’s heard a lot about your plans to frack the Northern Territory, and I wanted to call in and let you know how much that concerns me.
Be prepared to wait on hold for quite a while as you go about your day; the goal of this action is to have as many Origin staff in a concentrated period of time answering queries about fracking and understanding how concerning this is to their customer base.
You can also help take over Origin's social media with messages against fracking!
- Origin have an online chat service, and the option of messaging their Facebook directly from their website. Click here to join the chat and have some words about fracking!
- You can comment on Origin’s Facebook posts at www.facebook.com/OriginEnergy
- You can point out the hypocrisy of Origin’s “Good Energy” brand on Twitter and Instagram. Mention @OriginEnergy on Twitter or in your Instagram story with the hashtags #goodenergy #dirtyenergy #FrackOffFriday (you can also location tag an Origin office in your Insta story!). Let’s fill their mentions and inboxes up with people concerned about their dirty fracking plans!
Georgia from Burnley signed
2022-03-14 17:15:44 +1100